Preparing For Your Move
Transporting a mobile home and finding the right mobile home mover can be a bit tricky. Mobile homes offer great affordability and convenience but they are not as easy to move as most people think. You cannot just hook up a mobile home and pull it like you can a camper.
Transporting a mobile home requires careful planning, permits, insurance, and the right equipment. Once all the paperwork is done the homes still have to be prepared (or broken-down) for the move and then set-up on the new property. It’s a complex system that requires knowledge and experience.
What Does The Preparation Process Entail?
- Discontinuing utility services in advance and hiring a licensed electrician and plumber to disconnect your home.
- Removing skirting, sheds, air conditioning and decks and storing them safely for transport.
- Securing windows so they don’t shatter.
- Packing belongings.
- Securing furniture inside the mobile home.
- Lifting the mobile home off the ground for axle and hitch installation.
- Providing all materials, labor, equipment and services.
- Subcontracting with various trade and specialty contractors.
- Applying for or assisting in the application process for building permits.
- Monitoring schedule and cash flow.
- Maintaining accurate records.
- Ensuring a safe and secure project site.